RMR sponsors Group Correspondence Courses each year for members of the Rocky Mountain Region. These courses available as a “region group”. Any RMR member can register and participate in this RMR group. The Region will pay a portion of the expenses for the sponsored course while individuals pay for the text (and kit, if a kit is required). This is a wonderful low-cost opportunity!
STAR – SPANGLED PUZZLE BALL
The Region has selected Denise Harrington Pratt’s Star – Spangled Puzzle Ball as the next Region sponsored GCC project. This will give you the opportunity to discover the joy of taking counted thread embroidery into three dimensions by creating a “puzzle ball.” Some of the stitches are kite eyelet, two sided insertion stitch, Nova stitch, leviathan star stitch and many more. Once all the components are completed the student will assemble them components into a beautiful stitched ball.
Ladies that piloted the class said that the instructions were very clear and very helpful. Two color options are available, but you may choose your own color palette. This looks and sounds like a great project with lots of variety in small areas to try. It might look great in a rainbow of colors. See the Education Catalog 2014-2016 page 25 for more details.
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Cost: $40.00 for 44 pages including three color pages
- Registration begins: September 1, 2014 and ends Oct. 31st
- Course Time: six months, six sessions we will start after the first of the year
- Fabric: linen or even weave fabric
- Supplies (approximate): $60.00 (2013) if silk and metallic are used, less if cotton floss is used
- Region will pay the course fee. The student is responsible for supplies and postage.
Please fill out the form and send it with your check to:
P.O Box 1404
Provo, UT 84603
If you have any questions, Gerri’s number is 801-616-1765, evenings preferred, Fridays or weekends. Be sure to include your membership number.